Lemon Self saucing pudding
Easy lemon self-saucing pudding is a light and fluffy lemon sponge, with a surprise, thick lemon sauce. A tangy lemon flavor, this is a pudding for all lemon lovers. Serve straight away with whipped cream or ice cream.
- 165 grams plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 57 grams unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp cornflour
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan-forced. Grease 4 ramekins or a 6-8 cup casserole dish or pie dish with butter.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl using an electric hand beater, beat the melted butter and sugar until well combined.
- Add the egg and beat well, scraping down the sides of the bowl and until a light yellow color. Stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest. Gently stir in one-third of the flour mixture until just combined.
- Add half of the milk, mix gently again. Continue flour and milk, stirring each time until only just combined. Don’t overmix or the cake may turn out dense. Pour the batter into the ramekins or pie dish.
- In a small jug mix the lemon juice and cornflour. Add the boiled water and stir. Set aside. Sprinkle the sugar in a single layer over the top of the cake batter. With an upturned spoon, slowly dribble the boiling water and lemon juice over it.
- Bake the pudding for 35 minutes. The top should look dry, cracked, and golden colour. Insert a toothpick into the cake portion, should come out with just a sticky crumb or two.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes before serving. Dust with icing sugar and serve with whipped cream.