A fairly easy vegetable risotto that is easy to make and great tasting. No meat is needed for this dish. Just a nice creamy risotto with the addition of fresh or frozen vegetables.
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 1 ltr reduced-sodium chicken stock
- 1 pack bok choy, white stalks chopped, and green leaves
- 2 carrots, chopped into small cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp coarse black pepper
- In a 10″ nonstick skillet, heat butter, and oil over medium-high heat until butter is melted. Add onion and garlic, cook 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender.
- Stir in rice. Cook, stirring occasionally until the edges of kernels are translucent. Stir in 1/2 cup of the broth. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly until broth is absorbed.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the stock, cook uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until stock is absorbed. At this stage, I added the carrots and bok choy and cooked with the rice. Stir in another 1 cup of stock, cook uncovered about 5 minutes longer, stirring frequently, until stock is absorbed.
- Stir in the remaining 1 cup of stock. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until rice is tender and mixture is creamy.
- Stir the parmesan cheese and parsley and salt and pepper into the rice mixture. Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!