Beef and spinach lasagna
Lasagna is a favourite in our family. It can be made with whatever meat you like or it can be a vegetable lasagna. Can make this as one large dish and this way you will have plenty leftover.
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 800 g tin tomatoes
- 500 g fresh or frozen spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- homemade white sauce
- store brought lasagna sheets
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat, add the beef mince and cook till the mince is all cooked. Add chopped onion and cook till soft. Add the garlic, tomato paste, and tin tomato. Mix till combined. Bring the beef mixture to a boil and then turn it down to a simmer and cook for 1 hour. Check and taste mince and season as needed.
- Make white sauce.
- If using fresh spinach, wilt the spinach. If using frozen spinach, make sure to squeeze out excess.
- Layer the lasagna. In a large baking dish, add some mince to the base. Lay lasagna sheets on top, spread mince over the lasagna sheets, add white sauce, and layer some spinach. Do this until all the mince and spinach are used up. Top lasagna sheets and add white sauce on top.
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool and serve with a salad.