Almond shortbread with chocolate
- 500 g plain flour
- 200 g almond meal
- 250 g butter melted
- 220 g caster sugar
- 8 g baking powder
- 2 whole eggs 100g
- A good pinch of salt
- 300 g dark chocolate
- 2-3 tbsp grape seed oil
- First melt butter over a low heat or microwave for 30 secs or 10sec increments till melted. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl pour sugar in and add cooled butter. With the leaf utensil mix till light, add eggs and mix together.
- Sift the dry ingredients and mix in the almond meal.
- Pour the dry ingredients and knead until smooth. Place dough into a piping bag. Cut the top to allow to pipe S Shaped onto a lined tray. Bake in a 220 C for 8 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Meantime melt your chocolate with a baine marie (water bath), if chocolate is too thick add some grape seed oil to thin it a bit. Dip half the shortbread into the chocolate and put on a lined tray for chocolate to set.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!