A lovely buttery not overly sweet sugar cookie.
- 240 grams butter, softened
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 grams all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Heat oven 190 C/375F. In a stand mixer add butter, icing sugar and 1/2 cup sugar into bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla, continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low, add flour, cream of tartar and baking soda. Beat until dough forms a ball.
- Divide in half, roll out onto a floured board and roll to 1/4 inch thickness, cut out into shapes or use cookie cutters.
- Bake in oven at 190 C , not fan forced for 10-15 minutes or until they are lightly browned. Baking time could vary if you have rolled a thicker cookie. You can either leave these cookies plain or decorate, what ever you like.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!