Egg Drop Soup
Aromatic chicken is moist and tender with corn. Mellow and flavourful and tasty. A quick and easy mid- week dinner.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 can cream corn
- 1 can corn kernels or 2 fresh corn cobs, kernels removed
- 4 boneless /skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 thumbsize fresh ginger, pound
- 2 cloves garlic/mashed
- 2 spring onions, cut thinly
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp water
- In a bowl add the chicken thighs with the soy sauce and set aside for 5 minutes
- In a dutch oven or deep saucepan, add the oil and ginger, and cook slowly.
- Add chicken and cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned and cooked. Take out the chicken and set aside on a plate, (keep warm).
- Turn heat on low, cook garlic, and cook for 30 seconds till fragrant. Turn up the heat to medium. Add the chicken stock. Cut the chicken into strips and then cubes.
- Add the corn kernels and creamed corn and 2 teaspoons of soy sauce and bring to a simmer, then turn down and add the slurry to thicken the soup.
- Drizzle egg in slowly, stirring all the time. Add chicken and spring onion and stir. Remove the squashed. Add a 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper.