Sausage and tomato pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 thick beef sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200 ml medium white wine
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 400 gram tin tomatoes, chopped
- 500 gram pasta of choice, ie rigatoni, penne
- handful basil leaves (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a heavy based pan. Add the sausages and fry until golden and cooked through. Add the garlic and fry for a minute. Pour in white wine and boil until reduced by half.
- Stir in tomato paste and tin tomatoes, season to taste. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Cook the pasta to packet directions and drain. Stir pasta into the sauce and add the basil leaves (optional). Serve in bowls with shaved parmesan and some fresh cooked bread.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!