One pan creamy chicken and bacon
A tasty creamy chicken and bacon dish. An easy dish that could become a weekly favourite.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500 grams chicken breasts or chicken thigh fillets
- 1 whole brown onion, finely chopped
- 125 grams bacon rashers, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300 mls cream
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 1/3 cup pecorino cheese or parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 60 grams baby spinach
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- crusty bread
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken . Cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until golden and browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining oil to pan. Add onion and bacon . Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens and bacon is golden. Add garlic . Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Transfer 1/4 of the bacon mixture to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Return chicken to pan with cream , stock , parmesan and 1 1/3 cups water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
- Stir in peas and spinach . Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove pan from heat. Stir in lemon rind . Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with reserved cooked bacon. Serve with crusty bread.