A different twist on the typical scone, this pumpkin scone is a delicious afternoon treat.A soft and light pumpkin scone, that is so flavourful. Can have with butter and jam, or jam and cream..
- 1 baking tray
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup pumpkin mashed
- 55 g butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.Cream butter and sugar until soft and pale. Mix in pumpkin and egg. Add milk and slowly add dry ingredients. Add the cheese and mix until fully combined.
- Scone dough with the addition of cheese
- The dough will be quite sticky. Turn,the dough out onto a floured board and knead. Add more flour a little at a time to get a dough that you can handle to cut out circles.
- Cut out dough.
- Scone dough ready to bake.
- Baked scones.
Either roast or boil pumpkin. Use a sieve to pass the pumpkin through to get out excess water.