Sticky honey chicken drumsticks
Sticky orange and honey flavoured drum sticks, that the family will enjoy.
- 1/3 cup 80ml tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup 80ml barbeque sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Salt & pepper
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Mixed salad
- 1 fresh orange, zest finely grated and juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- Combine sauces, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper in a jug. Stir well. Line an ovenproof dish with non-stick paper.
- Put chicken in dish. Reserve 1/4 cup of marinade and pour remainder over chicken, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Remove from fridge 15 mins before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Sprinkle chicken with sesame seeds. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Put left over marinade in a pot and reduce till slightly thickened. Chicken is cooked when juices are clear. Coat chicken with thickened sauce and serve with salad or white rice, orange segments and avocado.