A lovely soft hot dog roll. The longest part of making these is the rising times as you have 2 rising times, but so worth it.
20 minutes + 1 hr 1st rise, + 1 hr 2nd rise
450 grams strong white flour
200 mls lukewarm water
25 grams butter, melted
50 grams sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp dried yeast
- Add sugar and yeast to lukewarm water. Mix and leave to sit for 10 minutes.
- In two bowls break one egg. Add to 1 bowl, separate white and yolk. Add the yolk to the other egg.
In another bowl add 4 teaspoons of water to egg white and mix. Mix egg and yolk together.
- In another bowl, add flour and salt and mix. Add egg, butter, and yeast mix. Mix with your hand until all is combined. On a floured surface knead for 10 minutes till smooth. Put into a lightly oiled bowl, and cover until doubled in size. 1 hour.
- Break down dough. Cut into 8 pieces. Roll into long rolls. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and lay rolled dough onto the trays and allow them to second rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 175C. Brush egg yolk on top of rolls and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or a light golden colour.