- 90 grams butter
- 1 clove garlic large
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger crushed
- 1 tbsp curry powder use hot or mild to taste
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 500 grams rump steak cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp chilli crushed
- 400 grams chopped tomatoes tinnned
- 1/4 cup almonds slivered or sliced, toasted
- Heat butter in large pan over a gentle heat and cook onion, garlic & ginger until soft and golden.
- Add the curry powder and mustard seeds and cook for further 3-4 minutes. Add salt and the vinegar and stir well.
- Increase the heat slightly and add the meat and tossing it to coat well.
- Add chilli and tomatoes and bring to the boil, then lower heat to a simmer.
- Cover the pan and cook for an hour, stirring occasionally until the meat is tender.
- If you have too much juice remove the meat and cook on high till it is reduced.
- Garnish with slivered lightly toasted almonds.
- Serve with rice and naan bread
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!