Lemon drizzle cake
- 125 g butter or margarine
- 125 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 185 g self raising flour
- 1 lemon rind grated and juiced
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- Pre heat oven 160 C. Grease and line a 20cm cake tin.
- Beat together the butter and caster sugar,eggs,flour, lemon zest and juice and milk, mix to combine.
- Put into tin and bake for 45 -50 minutes and cake has risen and when a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Mix together icing sugar and lemon juice on low heat. While cake is hot, prick holes in top of cake and spoon syrup over top. Allow to cool completely in tin.