- 500 grams chicken thigh fillets cut into small chunks
- 1½ tbsp. canola oil
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger finely grated
- 2 tbsp korma curry paste
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ cup basmati rice rinsed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 ripe truss tomatoes roughly chopped
- 200 grams green beans cut into 3cm lengths
- 1 lebanese cucumber diced
- Lemon wedges chopped coriander, toasted almonds for garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan or non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Cook chicken for 5 minutes, turning, or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan and cook onion, ginger and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes, or until onion has softened. Add korma paste and cinnamon and cook for 1 minute. Add rice and stir to coat.
- Add stock and 1 cup water and bring to the boil. Return the chicken to the pan and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender. Add tomatoes and beans for the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Combine cucumber and yoghurt in a small bowl. Season.
- Sprinkle, almonds, coriander and extra cinnamon on chicken & serve with lemon wedges and yoghurt.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!