- 2 ounces butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup water scant
- 1/2 cup flour heaped
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar optional
- Chop butter, melt in water and just bring to boiling. Immediately add flour, and mix well with wooden spoon, until it forms a dough that leaves the side of the pan (it looks really gross and clumpy at first, but as you keep stirring it fixes itself). Remove from heat and cool 2 minutes.
- For a sweet pastry, add the sugar to the beaten eggs. Stir in the eggs, mixing until it look like dough again (this is gross at first too).
- Now you have many choices: using a pastry bag or spoon, shape the dough as desired.
- Bake at 230C until it looks crisp and golden, about 30 mins for small sized puffs.
- Cut in half, or cut a slit in the side to let the steam escape- if you don't do this fairly quickly they get soggy inside.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!