Pistachio with Parmesan & Tasty Cheddar Discs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup tasty cheddar grated
- 125 grams unsalted butter softened
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raw pistachios finely chopped
- Beat butter & cheeses together with an electric mixer until light and creamy. Add egg, beating until well combined. Add flour, paprika and salt and pistachios until just comes together.
- Turn onto a lightly floured board and knead until smooth. Cut into four pieces and roll into a 18cm log. Cut into 12 discs and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Preheat oven 160C. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
Beautiful small discs, that melt in the mouth.