This recipe I got from Best Recipes. A quick and easy cake mixed in a food processor. How easier can it be.
Lemon & Coconut Cake
- 1 medium sized lemon lemon, rind finely grated
- 1/2 juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 125 grams butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Line a 20cm round cake tin. Using a food processor with processing blade, add butter, sugar, rind and eggs to bowl. Process until just combined. Add coconut, flour and milk and process for approximately 5 seconds until just combined. Do not OVERMIX .
- Place in prepared tin and bake for 40-50 minutes, checking at 40 minutes. Stand 5 minutes before gently turning out.
- Drizzle with lemon icing when cooled.
- As these were baked in a large 6 muffin tin. Please check your baking time as these will cook a lot quicker.