These are super easy and taste so good. So if you are wanting something sweet with a coffee or tea, these should do the job.
- 125 grams butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup (185g) self raising flour
- 1 Tbsp golden syrup
- Preheat oven to 150C. Line 1 or 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter, essence, sugar and golden syrup in an electric mixer or electric hand mixer until light and fluffy, stir in sifted flour.
- Roll into small balls, place about 5cm apart onto oven trays, flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake cookies about 30 minutes or until firm. Cool on wire racks.