1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium brown onion, thinly sliced
400 grams lamb mince
1/3 cup Indian mild curry paste
1 cup basmati rice
2 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup sultanas
3 baby bok choy, cut into small pieces
1/4 cup cashews, toasted
1/2 cup plain Greek yoghurt
150 grams green beans, trimmed, halved diagonally
2 tbsp fresh parsley leaves
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes or until light golden.
- Add mince. Cook stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add curry paste. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add rice . Stir to coat in curry mixture. Add stock, cinnamon and sultanas. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium- low . Simmer, covered for 10 minutes or until rice is just tender.
- Stir in bok choy and beans. Cook for 2 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Serve biryani with yoghurt and nuts.