Butter Chicken, My version.
- 12 chicken thigh cutlets skin removed
- 2 tblsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 200 g plain greek style yoghurt 3/4cup
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger grated, 25g
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 45 g butter
- 1 tblsp veg oil
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tblsp tomato paste
- 410 g tin tomato puree
- 160 ml chicken stock
- 2 tblsp honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 80 ml pouring cream
- In a bowl combine chili powder, lemon juice, yoghurt, and ginger. Mix together . Add chicken thighs and refrigerate covered for 30 minutes.
- In a large pan add butter and oil and cook chicken in batches, until browned all over. Remove to a plate. For the naan bread refer to naan bread recipe
- Add onion, garlic and cook in same pan until it softens. Add remaining spices and cook until fragrant. Remove from heat; add tomato paste, puree, stock, honey and cinnamon stick.
- This dish can be cooked in a slow cooker for 4 hours, or simmer in a heavy saucepan for 1.5 hours or until tender. Stir in cream, season to taste.
- Serve with basmati rice and warm naan bread.
- For the naan bread refer to naan bread recipe.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!