sticky chilli chicken
- 2 chicken Marylands, skin removed
- 2 long red chillies, deseeded, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, finely sliced
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- 160 mls white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup snowpeas, cut finely
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/2 cup cucumber, cut in half, deseeded, cut into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, roughly chopped or 1 Tbsp of dried mint
- 1 cup brown rice, cook to packet directions
- salt and pepper to taste
- Raita– In a small bowl add cucumber, mint and yoghurt, Mix together and season with salt and pepper.
- In a deep non stick pan on medium high heat, put chillies, ginger, vinegar, fish sauce and sugar into pan. Add chicken to pan. Bring to the boil and then turn down to a simmer and cook chicken for about 35-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked and juices run clear.
- While this is cooking the liquid in the pan will thicken slightly.
- Add snow peas for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Check chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with brown rice and cucumber, mint yoghurt raita, check seasoning.