15 min+ 30 mins marinating
750 grams chicken thigh fillets, cut into chunks
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 tsp hot chilli sauce
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
80 grams light cream cheese, at room temperature
3/4 cup milk
3 corn cobs, kernels removed
1 lime, juiced
2 Tbsp thyme leaves, plus extra sprigs for garnish
1/3 cup grated tasty cheese
4 large tomatoes, cut in half
4 slices bread, cut in half
2 tsp oil for cooking
- In a bowl mix these ingredients buttermilk, herbs, spice and lime juice. Add chicken and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Whisk cream cheese and milk in a bowl. Stir in corn and thyme, and season. Transfer to a large baking dish and sprinkle over grated cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until corn is soft and cheese is golden.
- In a large non stick pan, add 2 tsp oil on medium high heat. Cook chicken chunks in batches, till chicken is cooked and they are golden.
- Take you tomatoes and cut in half, season and cook in a pan until tomatoes are soft .
- Meanwhile take 4 slices of sour dough bread, in a hot pan , baste oil over the bread and cook till a golden colour. Remove from pan and then cut in half.
- Serve these in a large bowl and add a slice of lime. Enjoy.