An apricot and coconut spiced scroll. Make a tray and enjoy with a coffee.
60 minutes 1st raising time+ 45 minutes for 2nd raising time
1 1/4 tsp dry yeast
2/3 cup lukewarm milk
3 cups plain flour
1/4 cup caster sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
125 grams butter, melted
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
spiced butter and Apricot filling
100 grams butter, softened
1/2 cup lightly packed soft brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup dries apricots, chopped
Lemon drizzle icing
1 cup icing sugar, sifted
2 tsp boiling water
2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Combine yeast and milk, leave in a warm place for 5 minutes or until bubbles appear.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, salt, eggs, coconut, butter and yeast mixture. Beat with a dough hook attachment on low for 1 minute or until just combined.
- Increase speed to high and beat for a further 8 minutes or until dough comes away from the sides of the bowl. Place in lightly greased bowl, cover with a damp tea towel and leave in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Beat butter, sugar and cinnamon until light and fluffy. Fold in apricots. Roll dough to 60 cm x 25 cm. Spread with spiced butter leaving a 1 cm border . Roll from the longest side tightly into a log. Cut into 9 pieces, place cut side down in a greased lined tin.Cover with a damp tea towel for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C or 160 C fan- forced. Cover loosely with foil and bake 30 minutes until dough is cooked through. Stand in tray for 15 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
- Combine icing sugar, water and lemon juice, drizzle over buns.