Great tasting crumbed drumsticks. These are so easy to do and they are baked in the oven. Add a side salad or roast potatoes.
8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/3 cup plain flour
2 Tbsp milk
8 medium potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Peel potatoes. Par boil these for 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and shake in the pot, to break them up a bit, then brush oil over potatoes and roast in oven with chicken drum sticks.
- Remove skin from drumsticks . To remove skin from drumsticks, wrap paper towel around the end bone. Use 1 hand to hold the bone and the other to pull back the skin. Cut to remove. Combine breadcrumbs, garlic powder and paprika in a shallow dish. Season with salt and pepper. Place flour on a plate. Whisk egg and milk together in a shallow dish.
- Coat 1 drumstick in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture. Coat in breadcrumb mixture. Place on 1 prepared baking tray. Repeat with remaining drumsticks, flour, egg mixture and breadcrumb mixture.
- Spray drumsticks with oil. Bake drumsticks for 20 minutes. Swap trays and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until drumsticks are golden and juices run clear when thickest part is pierced with a skewer . Serve.