This is a recipe to use up over ripe bananas. The key to moist muffins, no matter what type of filling is to just mix until just combined, and not to over bake them.
1 1/2 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 very ripe bananas
1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Banana,walnut and apple muffins
1/4 cup stewed apples
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F/175 C. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Sift flour , baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt in a small bowl.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl. Mix in brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Fold in the flour mixture until just combined. Fold blueberries into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin tin.
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then take them out of the muffin tin and allow to completely cool on wire rack.
- You could make the banana, walnut and apple muffins or use what ever flavours you like.