Pork and Prawn Spring rolls
These tasty spring rolls are packed with vegetables, prawns and pork. Once you give these a go and see how easy they are to make, you won’t buy store brought again.
500 grams minced pork or pork shoulder, cut into small pieces
1 onion, finely chopped
100 grams prawn fresh, chopped
1 carrot, shredded
2 cups cabbage , shredded
2 cm fresh ginger, chopped finely
1 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp fish sauce
2 pinches white pepper
20 spring roll wrappers
vegetable oil for deep- frying
1 clove garlic, chopped
- In a wok or fry pan cook pork mince or pork shoulder for 5 minutes. If using pork shoulder,allow to cool and cut up , if you haven’t done before hand.
- Add onion, cook until softened. Add garlic and ginger, cook for 1 minute. Add pepper, soy sauce and fish sauce. Cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Add carrots and cabbage, cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked. Season to taste. Spread out onto a tray to cool down.
- One by one , moisten the wrappers with a damp tea towel and fill with 1-2 tablespoons of the filling. Roll up the wrappers and allow them to sit for 30 minutes.
- In a large saucepan of deep fryer, heat the oil to 190 C.
- Fry the spring rolls one or two at a time until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Drain on kitchen paper.
Enjoy with chips and your favourite dipping sauce.