Coconut beef Curry
This fragrant curry is inspired by Cambodian flavours and packed with healthy vegetables.
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 kg beef mince, made into 24 meatballs
- 1/2 cup red curry paste
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- 400 ml can coconut cream
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 celery stick, cut into pieces
- 270 grams frozen peas
- 35 grams flaked almonds, toasted
- 25 grams shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 long green chilli, finely chopped
- 12 snowpeas, washed, stems removed, left whole
- brown rice, following packet directions to cook
- Thinly sliced green shallots, to serve
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- Warmed roti to serve
- Heat the oil in a large , deep frypan over medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook, turning , for 3 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the curry paste to the pan and cook, stirring for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the coconut milk, coconut cream and cinnamon stick. Bring to the boil then reduce heat. Add the meatballs and simmer, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the meatballs and vegetables are cooked and the sauce thickens slightly. Stir in the peas and season.
- Combine the almonds and shredded coconut and chilli in a bowl. Warm the rice following packet directions. Top the curry with the coconut mixture, flaked almonds, green chilli, shallots and coriander. Serve with rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!