My take on a Thai inspired beef curry infused with lemongrass, chilli and kaffir lime leaves
This recipe I used a Thai stock base and added other vegetables to make this I call a soup or casserole.
- 1 litre Campbell’s Thai stock base
- 800 grams chuck steak, cut into chunks
- 2 carrots, chopped thin
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 cups pumpkin, cut into chunks
- 1 cup green beans, fresh or frozen
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- In a large frypan, add 1 tablespoon of oil and cook beef until browned in colour. Cook the remaining meat until it is all cooked.
- In a stockpot cook onion till soft. Add garlic, carrot and stock base and bring to a boil. Return meat back to stock pot and then turn down to a simmer for 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- In the last hour add the chopped pumpkin and allow to cook. In last 10 minutes add fresh or frozen beans. Add seasoning to taste.
- Serve with rice.