Chicken and Corn Soup
- 500 grams chicken thigh fillets or chicken breasts
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 3 fresh corn cobs, corn removed or 1 429 gram tin corn kernels
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- fresh parsley chopped, garnish
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Cut up spring onions. Remove corn kernels from cobs or alternatively use a tin of corn kernels
- In a large pot, add oil and cook chicken on medium heat for 5 minutes or until cooked.
- Add chopped spring onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Add flour to pan and cook flour into mix, then add chicken stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook covered with a lid for 20 minutes.
- Add chopped parsley just before serving. Adjust seasoning and add more if needed. Serve into bowls and crusty bread.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!