My take on Arnotts Scotch finger short bread
This is my take on the famous Arnotts scotch finger shortbread. After a couple of days they taste even better.
- 170 grams salted butter, softened
- 90 grams soft icing sugar
- 165 grams plain flour
- 10 grams baking powder
- Preheat oven 160 C. Grease and line a 30cm x 20cm rectangular slice pan and line base and sides with baking paper, extending 2 cm over the edge.
- Cream butter and icing sugar for 2 minutes or until pale and creamy. Sift flour and baking powder over butter mixture and mix with your hands until combined.
- Press mix into slice pan, and smooth over top with a pallet knife. Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and using a small sharp knife, immediately slice in rectangular pieces, 5 cm crossways x 75 cm lengthways. Then run the knife gently 1/2 way into shortbread pieces, NOT TOUCHING BOTTOM, to make finger indent. Let biscuits cool in pan for 10- 15 minutes before moving to a cooling rack. Trim edges, if desired before serving.