Parmesan and Paprika Crackers
These are two flavours that I like to combine and make into crackers. These thin beauties are crispy and taste great on their own or with other toppings.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter , melted
- 1 cup parmesan cheese , grated
- 1 Tbsp paprika ( sweet or smoked)
- Coarsely ground sea salt, for topping
- Pre-heat oven 2000 C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar, 1/2 tsp salt in a bowl or food processor and pulse to combine. Add butter, veg oil and pulse to combine. Lastly add the parmesan and paprika.
- With food processor on low speed, slowly drizzle in the water until the dough begins to form a ball. Remove dough from food processor and wrap in plastic wrap. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough as thin as possible. (Thin like crepes works best).Cut into desired shapes with a cookie cutter or a knife or pizza cutter.Gather scraps of dough and re-roll until dough is used.
- Arrange on lined baking tray. Make sure to prick holes in the dough. Brush melted butter and coarsely ground sea salt on tops and bake 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow cooling 5 minutes on tray and then removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.