Coffee Crepes with Strawberries and cream
This is a simple, sort of dessert that is light if you don’t count the mascarpone cream in these delectable coffee crepes. A nice change from heavy desserts.
- 130 grams plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup fresh brewed coffee
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cream
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 punnet fresh strawberries, cut into small pieces
- some mint sprigs, finely chopped
- Ina bowl mix all the ingredients till all are incorporated and smooth. Leave the mix to sit foe 30 minutes.
- Whip cream to soft peaks and add the icing sugar and mascarpone cream. ( You can flavour the cream with 30 mls Kahlua, this is optional).
- In a medium hot pan, Spray cooking spray for the first crepe.(no need to spray anymore). Pour in enough mixture to make a thin crepe . Cook for 30 seconds, first side and 30 seconds for second side. When all cooked allow to cool.
- Assemble the crepes, by putting some mascarpone cream onto the crepe. Roll the crepe. Dust with icing sugar and cocoa powder. Garnish top with the strawberries and mint.