Most people like waffles but was looking for something just a bit different and I found this recipe for waffles that has sour dough starter discard. ( this is when you discard some of the starter and replace with water and flour). It is not overpowering with the sour dough taste.
Sour Dough Waffles
- 1 cup all purpose flour, plus more if needed
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk, plus more as needed. (I added extra tablespoon milk)
- 6-8 ounces (weight) sour dough starter discard
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled slightly
- In a medium bowl , whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs and 1/2 cup milk until well combined. Whisk in starter until completely blended. Add flour mixture and melted butter, stir until combined. The batter should be the thickness of a pancake batter, this is all depending on how much starter is used. You may need to add in more flour or milk to get the right consistency.
- Cook in heated waffle iron.