My Spaghetti Bolognese
We all have our own recipe to make spaghetti bolognese. This is my version.
- 1 kg beef mince
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 2 400g tin tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 jar piquillo peppers (optional) I used 4, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 250 grams tomato passata
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 packet spaghetti, cook by packet directions
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan or what ever grated cheese you like.
- Cook mince till all is cooked, about 10- 15 minutes. Add onion and garlic, cook 5 minutes.Add red wine and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add piquillo peppers, carrot, oregano, tomato passata and tin tomatoes. Bring to a boil and than turn down and simmer for 1 hour, or until tomatoes have softened and some of the liquid has evaporated.
- While bolognese is cooking, cook your spaghetti to packet directions.
- Once all cooked, serve spaghetti into a shallow bowl and top with the bolognese and top with your cheese. Serve with fresh sour dough.