Chicken Schnitzel Burgers
For an dinner with a difference, instead of your normal burgers make chicken schnitzel burgers with homemade or store brought buns, homemade coleslaw and a side of fries.
- 2 large chicken breasts, halved , pound gently to flatten
- 90 grams panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg, slightly whisked
- vegetable oil for shallow frying
- coleslaw, either homemade or store brought
- Use a sharp , cut breast in half horizontally. Place fillets between glad wrap and gently pound with a rolling pin. Repeat with remaining fillets.
- Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan and lemon zest in a large bowl. Place flour on a plate. Whisk the egg with 1 tablespoon of water in a separate bowl. Dip chicken in flour to lightly dust. Dip in egg , then dip in breadcrumb mix, pressing lightly to coat. Place on a tray and put into the fridge to rest for 30 minutes.
- Either make your coleslaw or use store brought. Season with salt and pepper. Add dressing and mix well. Set aside.
- In a large fry pan. Heat enough oil to cover the base. Place in pan, cook for 2-3 minutes each side until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate, lined with paper towel. Repeat with remaining fillets.
- Place cut buns and toast in pan. Top with coleslaw. Cut schnitzel in half and top with extra dressing. Serve immediately. Serve with fries.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!