Beef with lentils, chickpeas and spinach soup
A tasty and hearty beef soup that will keep you warm and full during the cooler months.
- 650 grams rump steak, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 400g tin brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 litre beef liquid stock
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 3 Tbsp plain flour
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Cut rump into 2cm cubes. Add flour and season with salt and pepper. Mix beef cubes with the flour. Heat a large casserole dish on medium high, add olive oil and cook the beef to sear the meat and get a nice brown colour, about 5 minutes.