This is a simple dessert to make. Made in a lamington tray. The best bit is that you make the base slice and add the delicious nectarine slices on top, with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon and almonds and caster sugar. It is a light and a tasty dessert which is nice with whipped cream or a large scoop of ice cream.
- 60g butter, softened
- 150g brown sugar
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- 1tsp mixed spice
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 100ml sour cream
- 1tbsp milk
- 2 nectarines, thinly sliced plus extra nectarine slices for garnish
- Pre-heat oven 1800C. Grease and lined a lamington tray with baking paper.
- With a hand mixer beat sugar, butter and vanilla, until light and creamy. Add egg and mix to combine.
- Sift flour and mixed spice. Add milk to sour cream. Add dry ingredients and wet ingredients to mix and mix till all combined. Pour mix into prepared tin and smooth off the top. Add sliced nectarines on top and sprinkle with cinnamon, sliced almonds and caster sugar.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 mins. Set aside in pan to cool for 5 mins. Then transfer to a cake rack to cool completely. Cut into pieces and serve with sliced nectarine and whipped cream.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!