Simple lemon bar, that is not as sweet as it may seem, but a lovely taste of lemon filling and just that dash of icing sugar. A great accompaniment as a dessert or for a special occasion.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- zest of one lemon, finely grated
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 160C fan forced. Bake in a ungreased 8″ square baking pan.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes, gradually beat in flour until blended.
- Press into ungreased baking pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Filling- in a small bowl beat the sugar, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, flour and baking powder until frothy. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, longer or until set and lightly browned . Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with icing sugar, Cut into squares.
Robo Gallery: You didn’t select any Robo Gallery item in editor. Please select one from the list or create new gallery