Grilled Flat Bread
A soft Turkish flat bread. It’s good to wrap up your favorite food. Of course, it is light and delicious to eat with just bread. It is also good for wrapping spicy chicken or roasted meat. It can also be used as tacos, sandwiches, and pizzas. It’s especially perfect for the breakfasts.
- 500g Bread flour or all purpose flour (4cups)
- 160ml Warm milk (2/3cup)
- 160ml Warm water (2/3cup)
- 10g Instant dry yeast (1.5tbsp)
- 10g Sugar (1tbsp)
- 8g Salt (0.8tbsp)
- 18g Olive oil (3tbsp)
- 160ml Warm milk + 160ml warm water + 10g Instant dry yeast + 10g Sugar. Melt the yeast and mix.
- 500g Plain flour + 8g Salt. After mixing the flour and salt.
- Mix all together, now it’s the turn of the human kneader. If the raw powder is well lumped.
- 18g(3tbsp) Olive oil, massage the dough until the oil seeps in. The dough became smooth, apply olive oil on top (to prevent sticking to plastic wrap). Ferment in a warm place until it doubles in size (36℃~40℃).
- Sprinkle with flour, flatten it out with a roller. Release a little force on your hand and gently push, that way you can make a round and pretty shape. 18cm in diameter and 5mm thick
- Check that the pan is hot by spraying water on it. Add the dough (medium heat) .If there are many bubbles, turn over. When the back starts to turn yellow, turn it over again From this point on, it will start to swell, reduce the heat to low. After roasting well on both sides. Cover with a cloth so it doesn’t dry out while baking.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!