Raspberry Butter Cake
A quick and easy butter cake with the added touch of raspberries.
125 grams butter
3/4 cup /165grams caster sugar
1 1/2 cups/ 225grams self raising flour
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup fresh raspberries or frozen ( no need to defrost if using frozen)
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease deep 20cm round cake pan, line base with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar in medium bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined between additions. Stir in flour and milk, in two batches, fold 1/4 cup raspberries into mixture. Spread three quarters of cake mixture into pan, sprinkle with remaining raspberries, spread with remaining cake mixture.
- Bake about 35 minutes. Cake is cooked if when a knife put into the center comes out clean. If after the 35 minutes and cake is not cooked, allow 5 minute increments till cake cooked.
- Stand cake in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out cake onto a wire cake rack to cool completely.
- You can use other fruit if you do not like raspberries.