Sweet potato and pork curry with green beans and rice
Thai red curry pork with sweet potato, green beans, and jasmine rice. A meal that is so flavorsome, yet not too spicy, that your family will love.
- 1 kg pork neck or the shoulder, trimmed, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup Thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tsp kaffir lime leaves
- 2 400ml tins coconut cream
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1tbsp brown sugar
- Jasmine rice, cook to packet directions
- 500 grams fresh green beans
- Heat a large deep non-stick frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add the curry paste and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the pork and cook, stirring making sure the pork is well coated in the curry paste. Add the ginger, lime leaf, coconut cream, and stock. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the sweet potato and simmer for 15 minutes or until pork and sweet potato are tender.
- Stir through lime juice, fish sauce, and brown sugar. Spoon the curry into bowls and serve with steamed green beans and jasmine rice.