Savoury ham and vegetable pie
This is a great way to use up cooked meats or vegetables. This recipe can be adapted to make muffins, or in this case, I made it into a pie. This can be made with whatever vegetables you have on hand. It is baked for 40 minutes, or until golden.
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 250 grams diced ham (or whatever meats you have)
- 2 medium zucchini, grated, squeeze out excess water
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 head broccoli florets, blanch in hot water for 2 minutes, cool in cold water
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 red capscium, chopped into small dices
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups grated cheese
- Chop your vegetables. Put all vegetables into a large bowl. Add the ham. In a separate bowl add the wet ingredients eggs, milk, cream and cheese, and flour. Mix together, then add to the vegetables in the bowl.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Add all the mixture into your pie dish or whatever dish you have. Bake this for 40 minutes, or until golden.Can serve this on it's own or with salad greens.