3 single chicken breasts fillets, trimmed, chopped
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs, made from day old bread
1/4 cup finely chopped chives
salt and pepper
1/3 cup plain flour
1 egg, lightly whisked
1/3 cup dried breadcrumbs
1/3 cup cornflake crumbs
1/3 cup light sour cream
1 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 220C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place chicken in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the fresh breadcrumbs and chives and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape 1 tablespoon of chicken mixture int a small ball and place on lined tray. Repeat with the remaining mixture until all balls are made.
- Place the flour and egg in separate bowls. Combine the breadcrumbs and cornflake crumbs in a bowl. Toss each ball in the flour and shake off any excess. Dip in the egg, allowing the excess to run off. then in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing firmly to coat. Place on the lined trays.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, turning once during cooking, or until cooked through.
- To make the sauce, combine the sour cream and mustard in a small bowl. Taste and season with salt.