Danish Butter Cookies
These Danish butter cookies that you can get at Christmas in the little blue tins. A simple recipe, that makes great tasting piped cookies.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, granulated sugar for sprinkling
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C. or 350 F. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy . Add the salt , vanilla and egg. Mix till combined for 1 minute. Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flour until combined. Give a final few stirs with a rubber spatula, to make sure all flour is incorporated ( dough will be thick).
- Transfer dough to a decorating bag fitted with a large open star tip. Pipe the dough into 2-inch circles on the baking paper. Sprinkle the sugar over top. Put piped cookies in the fridge to harden slightly, so cookies don’t flatten out.
- Bake one tray at a time, until light golden brown, 13-15 minutes. Times will vary on your oven. Allow to cool completely before storing or serving.