White bread with quinoa and mixed seeds
This bread recipe with quinoa and mixed seeds is a bit different. I like to make bread and thought I would try this bread with the tri colour quinoa grain that I soaked for 15 minutes and than cooked in a pot on the stove for 15 minutes or until the liquid has all absorbed. I allowed it to cool
- 3 tsp dried yeast
- 3oo mls warm water
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup mixed seeds
- Put water yeast & brown sugar in a jug allow to bubble for about 5 mins
- Put 1 cup of quinoa in a sieve & clean, than soak in 1 ¼ c cold water allow to soak for 15 mins in a pot. Cook on stove, bring to boil, then with a lid simmer for 15 mins until all liquid is absorbed. Leave to cool.
- Using a electric mixer can, put both flours & salt in mixer bowl than add the yeast mix, than quinoa & than seed mix. Mix till all combined than knead for 10 mins, than put in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with glad wrap and put somewhere warm to rise for about 30 – 40 mins.
- Once risen turn punch down dough & knead for about 2 mins. Shape dough into a round shape or into a loaf shape. Can bake this free form on a tray or in a loaf tin.
- Preheat oven at 200C on fan force and bake bread for 30 minutes in oven. You know when bread is baked when bottom is tapped it sounds hollow and you have a nice brown top.