Chocolate fudge cup cakes
Chocolate fudge flavoured cup cake made in less than 30 minutes. You can either ice these with a chocolate buttercream or just a light sprinkle of icing sugar. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream as a quick dessert.
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup plain flour, sifted
- 80 grams dark chocolate, melted
- 2 eggs, separated
- icing sugar to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 6 hole muffin tin or friand tin.
- Combine boiling water and cocoa powder in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add sugar, almond meal, flour, chocolate and egg yolks. Stir until well combined.
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat eggwhites until soft peaks form. Gently fold eggwhites into chocolate mixture. Two thirds fill muffin tins with mixture. Bake for 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand cakes in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack. Sprinkle with icing sugar or you could ice the top.