Pork meatballs in broth
Great-tasting pork meatballs in broth. A nice light meal that takes no time to make.
- 500 grams pork mince
- 1 cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp udon noodles
- 1 tsp peanut oil
- 1 litre Campbells chicken stock
- 100 grams snowpeas
- 1 carrot, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh green beans, top and tailed
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Place pork mince, ginger, garlic, egg yolk, cornflour, and 1 tablespoon oyster sauce in a bowl. Shape into golf ball size balls. Place on a plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 3 minutes. Using a fork, separate noodles. Drain well.
- Heat peanut oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook meatballs for 3-6 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- In a saucepan, add stock, remaining oyster sauce, and 2 cups water over high heat. Bring to a boil. Add snow peas, carrot and beans, and sesame oil. Cook for 3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Place noodles in bowls. Ladle broth and vegetables over noodles. Top with meatballs.