Spinach and ricotta triangles
Quick and easy spinach and ricotta triangles are perfect for a vegetarian dinner with a salad.
- 150g of fresh spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 250g ricotta light
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- zest of 1 lemon
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 packet of filo pastry or 4 sheets of ready-made puff pastry
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, whisked for brushing the pastry prior to cooking
- Take pastry sheets out of the fridge to defrost and turn on the oven to 180°C
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix with a spoon- except the egg
- Brush three sheets of filo with the melted butter. Layer this one on top of the other. If using puff pastry, there is no need to brush with butter.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture (depending on the size you wish to make) onto the corner of a pastry sheet and fold over into a triangle shape. Continue this until all the mixture is used.
- Brush the top of the triangles with the beaten egg mixture.
- Put the triangles onto a baking tray lined with baking paper to prevent sticking.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until golden.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!